Thursday, October 22, 2009

Change of Freedom


The Change of Freedom.



It a Shack with Not Much room its only big as a house with no rooms
Only 4 windows and 2 doors with many kids to teach
No air condition with plenty of kids sweaty hot days my began
Building is brown with a lot of sounds the word I say my eco around


My name is freedom school but where do it starts
It means free but are we free
With no one to talk to I have no joy of free
Smart like a fox I dream at night to be



We learn to read we learn to write
Spell and talk we had it a lil bit but not Wright
Making letters with pieces of chalk hurt your ears when you have to listen to all the talk
My shadows are fear in the world now I am free I can own this world
I only believe vittles could be nice one equal or less I fight



I give you education to teach you more
Color blind will make you see more
You only know what the best
Your smell of fear is in deck
I wish your hand with my cloth
You gave me a sight that I didn’t like

2 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot, Shaneeka. I especially like this phrase: "Color blind will make you see more." That's deep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, you're on the right track, and your poem flows well, but if we edit it together it will make more sense to the reader. As is 23/30 points.

    ReplyDelete